Geek 2.0 - May 28, 2020
Learn the easiest way to protect the privacy of your email contacts. Read on for more information here.
Not everyone you know knows each other directly. You may prefer not to share all of their email addresses when sending messages to a group. The process of sending an email to the group while keeping the names and addresses of all recipients in Mozilla Thunderbird is not complicated, it only takes a little effort to create a journal entry. addresses for undisclosed recipients.
Create an address book entry for undisclosed recipients
Do this if you want to facilitate sending undisclosed recipients: configure a special address book entry in Thunderbird for this purpose:
• Select Tools> Address Book or Window> Address Book from the Mozilla Thunderbird menu;
• Click on New Contact;
• Type undisclosed in the field next to Premier;
• Type Recipients in the field next to Last;
• Type your own email address in the field next to Email;
• Click on OK.
Send email to undisclosed recipients in Thunderbird
These steps allow you to compose and send a message to undisclosed recipients in Mozilla Thunderbird:
• Start with a new message;
• Click on Contacts in the message toolbar;
• Highlight undisclosed recipients;
• Click on Add to To :;
• Highlight all other desired recipients in the Contacts pane;
• Drag and drop them in the second address field;
• Click on the second address field at :;
• Select Bcc: from the drop-down menu;
• Add additional recipients who are not in your address book to the Bcc: field. Separate them from existing contacts and between them with commas. It's also possible to use Mozilla Thunderbird address book groups to add multiple recipients at once.
• Compose your message and send it.
In this case, recipients will be able to see undisclosed recipients in the area where they will normally see the names and email addresses of other recipients, but the confidentiality of all those involved will be preserved.
This article teaches you how to protect the privacy of your email contacts. The first step is to create an address book entry for undisclosed recipients, and then start sending email to undisclosed recipients in Thunderbird. To do so, the steps to follow were given to you throughout this article.