Geek 2.0 - April 16, 2020
Write Gmail messages in full screen either while writing a new message or while forwarding or replying to a message.
You may find it difficult to write a complete message in case the entire dialog occupies only a third of the screen because the default Gmail message area is small. Fortunately it is possible to expand or enlarge this area in order to have a lot more screen to have the ease of writing long messages without repeatedly scrolling the small box.
How to write Gmail messages in full screen
To make the Gmail message window full screen, follow these steps:
When writing a new message:
• Click on the Compose button to start a new message;
• Locate the three buttons at the top right of the New message window;
• Click on the middle button (the double-sided diagonal arrow);
• The New Gmail message window will open in full screen to allow more writing space.
When forwarding or replying to a message:
• Scroll to the bottom of the message or either click or touch the small arrow at the top right of the message (next to the date of the email);
• Choose between Reply, Reply to all or Forward;
• Click on the small arrow next to the email address (es) of the recipient (s);
• To open the message in a new popup window, choose Pop out reply;
• Find the three buttons at the top right of the window;
• Choose the middle button (the double-sided diagonal arrow);
• The message box will fill the screen.
N.B: Select the two arrows which meet at a point if you want to exit the full screen mode. the button is similar in the same position to that of steps 3 and 6 of the above instructions.
You understand that the full screen mode in Gmail allows you to have enough space to easily write your emails. In this article, you learned how to write Gmail messages in full screen either while writing a new message or while forwarding or replying to a message. The steps have been given for both possibilities. Follow them.