Geek 2.0 - May 28, 2020
Learn how to access your GMX from your mobile device and set up IMAP for GMX mail and how to set up SMTP for GMX mail.
GMX Mail provides users with unlimited storage combined with a user-friendly mail interface. The free email client includes a large spam filter and advanced antivirus features, as well as allowing attachments up to 50MB. Mobile device users can access GMX mail on their devices through the email program that they use here in this article even though many GMX mail users access their mail only through the web interface.
Enter the GMX Mail IMAP server settings to access GMX Mail messages and folders from another email program.
IMAP settings for GMX mail
You will be prompted to enter this information below in your email application to view your GMX account email on your mobile device:
• IMAP GMX Mail server address: imap.gmx.com
• GMAP mail IMAP username: your full GMX mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• GMAP mail IMAP password: your GMX mail password
• GMX Mail IMAP port: 993 (alternative: 143)
• Gmail Mail IMAP TLS / SSL required: yes for port 993, no for Port 143.
SMTP settings for GMX mail
You must also enter the SMTP server settings on your mobile device to send messages through a GMX email account from any email program or service. The instructions are as follows:
• SMTP GMX Mail server address: smtp.gmx.com
• SMTP GMX Mail username: your full GMX Mail email address (email@example.com)
• SMTP GMX Mail password: your GMX Mail password
• GMX Mail SMTP port: 587
• GMX Mail SMTP TLS / SSL required: no.
That's not all, you should know that GMX offers other free GMX apps for iOS and Android mobile devices to which reading and replying to emails is done after you download the app and sign in with your username and password.
Learn through this article how to access your GMX from your mobile device with the server settings. You have learned here how to configure IMAP for GMX mail and how to configure SMTP for GMX mail.