Yves - August 13, 2019
Here are the best free apps for counting and recording calorie consumption for iOS, Android and Windows devices.
You realize that to lose weight you have to achieve a caloric deficit, and you would like to know where you are going. Calorie counter applications are one of the easiest ways to track daily caloric intake from the foods and beverages consumed.
There are free and paid apps for counting and recording calorie consumption for iOS, Android and Windows devices.
Here are the best free calories counting apps.
MyNetDiary offers a clear and easy-to-use user interface. MyNetDiary's list of food calories contains more than 600,000 foods and beverages. Its interface contains clear icons in the food database and a colorful dashboard that communicates all recent calorie data in one place.
Entries can also be registered for free on the MyNetDiary website when an iOS or Android device is not available.
- Does not require an account to use.
- Works on Apple Watch.
- Requires iOS 10 or later, which is not supported on older Apple devices.
- A monthly subscription of $ 8.99 for many basic features like exporting data and adding food from previous entries.
Simple Diet Diary is significantly less cluttered and confusing than its rivals as it focuses entirely on recording food and calories. Previously entered items are pre-loaded for convenience.
It is possible to immediately record food or drinks from the main Simple Diet Diary screen by clicking a button. Very little assistance is needed when using this application.
- The food database is available offline.
- The ability to export data in HTML, CSV or SQLite format is free.
- The boring design will disable young users.
- The dark theme display option is the source of an integrated $ 7 purchase.
This app allows its users to enter their food calorie information manually or by scanning the barcode of a product with the camera of their device. SparkPeople Calorie Tracker has an extensive database on foods.
SparkPeople Calorie Tracker includes all the unusual meals that can be entered. This is really interesting for the gourmet hipster who likes to take something new every day.
- Synchronize data with Fitbit, MapMyFitness, Misfit, Runkeeper, Garmin and Apple HealthKit.
- Available on the Apple Watch is on iPhone.
- The app freezes and crashes on older iOS devices.
- A monthly subscription of $ 4.99 for detailed food calorie diagrams.
Calorie Counter by FatSecret is an iOS and Android app that counts calories in foods while accessing graphics that display data clearly.
Many similar applications require in-app purchases to unlock this type of feature, but Calorie Counter by FatSecret offers everything for free.
- All features are 100% free
- Colorful chart that breaks down calories by meal
- The app is not as popular as its rivals.
- No way to hide additional food statistics that could clutter the newspaper screen.
Food Diary is a free application for Windows 10 computers and tablets and Windows phones running Windows 10 Mobile. Using small icons for each food item in its database can find foods much faster than similar applications.
This Food Diary app can also send reminders on the Windows 10 device to ensure its users do not forget to log the last meal. The app does not require any kind of membership, however, those wishing to save their data will need to create a free account with their email address.
- All the features of the application work offline.
- Does not require any membership or personal information.
- Menu design takes a while to get used to a PC.
- Part of the food database requires a quarterly subscription of $ 14.95.
MyFitnessPal allows you to create custom entries for recipes or coffee favorites, making them more convenient in the future. It also allows you to record food manually or by scanning a barcode.
MyFitnessPal is updated regularly with new features and new additions to its library of more than 6 million foods.
- Apple's iMessage support for sending meal data.
- It can be synchronized with more than 50 other applications and services.
- It provides data on foods seized by other users, which can be unreliable.
- A monthly subscription of $ 9.99 for more advanced features such as nutrient dashboard and additional goals.
Cronometer or CRON-O-Meter focuses on presenting the collected data in an easy-to-understand way, using graphics and icons.
However, the main screen of the Cronometer app has three pie charts that show the current number of calories consumed, targeted caloric progress, and calories burned, while a symbol icon at the bottom allows you to add additional calories. foods from almost anywhere in the app.
- Engage icons and colors.
- The data is synchronized with the Apple Health app on iOS.
- To remove ads, you must make a monthly subscription of $ 5.99.
- The focus on nutrients can overwhelm users who just want to track their basic calories.