Yves - August 12, 2019
Here are the best apps that offer free international calls to at least one or more countries.we will talk about 5 best applications to call abroad.
In many countries, making a phone call abroad is very expensive, and sometimes even the connection is unreliable. With mobile apps and data plans things have become easy. Sometimes even we can make free calls abroad.
These apps offer free international calls to at least one or more countries. Often these applications also have online chat capabilities, allowing you to stay in touch with quick messages between calls and share photos and videos.
In this article, we will talk about 5 best applications to call abroad.
WhatsApp is a voice and voicemail application for Android and iOS that uses data and not the cellular plan. The app also supports group calls. This application provides end-to-end encryption that applies to all messages and calls.
However, if the correspondent on the other side uses an older version of the application, none of the communications will be encrypted. There are also web and desktop versions of the applications.
- Free voice and video calls.
- Group call available.
- End-to-end encryption on all communications.
- Encryption is effective only if both parties have the correct version of the application.
- Frequent use may result in excessive data.
FaceTime is a free audio and video call app for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac. You can make calls worldwide via Wi-Fi or mobile data, with the exception of a few countries. To contact friends, you need the phone number or email address associated with their Apple ID. However, you can make a FaceTime call during a regular phone call, but you must both have an account.
To create an account, you must have an Apple ID. On an iPhone, FaceTime will automatically record the phone number.
- Communications protected by end-to-end encryption.
- Free video calls via Wi-Fi.
- Not available for Android users.
- Older devices only support video and non-voice calls.
Skype is a VoIP service that allows you to make voice and video calls, as well as for group calls that can go up to 10 participants, free of charge, while communicating with other Skype users. However, you can also make international calls from a PC or Mac computer, the web browser and even the Xbox.
However, Skype cannot be used to contact emergency services because they can not pinpoint the caller's location. Download Skype for Mobile
- Free calls to Skype users.
- Can send a video or voice message if the recipient misses the call.
- No end-to-end encryption
- Risk of data overflow.
Viber is another VoIP service that allows you to make free voice and video calls to other users, as well as cost-effective rates for calls to landlines and mobile phones. Like its competitors, Viber can also send messages and share photos and other media.
To register, one must have a valid phone number, which contacts can use for contacts. Viber has Android and iOS apps as well as a browser version.
- Simple registration.
- Free calls to other Viber users.
- Calls and texts are not encrypted.
Google Voice is a VoIP service that allows you to transfer up to six numbers to the account, however, you must let everyone ring before connecting to voicemail. By activating the transcription, one can receive emails or text messages with transcripts of voice messages.
Rates for calls to other parts of the world vary with the country.
- The ability to transfer up to 6 numbers to the account.
- Can record incoming calls.
- Free transcription of voicemail.
- Outgoing calls can only be made from the United States.
- Free calls available only between the United States and Canada.
- No call from landlines, but only other Google Voice numbers.